Welcome to eMR set up
To activate eMR you need to go through this one-off set up process. It involves 3 stages and only take approximately 10 minutes:
- Stage 1: Create a Surgery Account in eMR
- Stage 2: Create Your Account in eMR
- Stage 3: Install and connect with the eMR connector
In order to complete the eMR setup, you will be required to have local desktop Administrator rights on your computer.
If you do not have Administrator permissions, you’ll need to contact your provider of IT Support and request that Administrator permissions are given to you for a period of time, in order to complete the eMR setup.
Alternatively you can request that your IT Support desk download and run the connector for eMR on your local machine for you.
Use our online chat to talk to our support team who are on hand to support you through the setup.
Quick note about web browsers
eMR is a web-based solution, you will only download an application to allow eMR to connect to your clinical system. For data security reasons eMR operates on the most recent and secure browsers. We recommend using Chrome – just click the link to download: Google Chrome.
Who should complete this process?
Ideally the Practice Manager or someone that has authority to install new applications. We will ask you to view and accept our Terms and Conditions, End User Licence and Data Policy. You can view these here before you go into set up: eMR Terms & Conditions
What information do I need?
You will need the following to hand:
- Practice code
- List of people who will be using the system: names, job titles and email addresses and mobile numbers. You can do this later, if you prefer.
- Central surgery email address where you would like all medical report requests to be sent to. This will be a shared email box.
- Your mobile phone (for authentication purposes)
- Permissions to install new applications
- You will also need TPP to be open
How long will it take?
We estimate it should take you no longer than 10 minutes. There will be a progress bar within eMR where you can see where you are in the process.
Are there any support guides to help?
In order to set up eMR please follow the on-screen instructions closely throughout the setup process.